Monday, July 8, 2013

Inspiring "I" Names: The Ignored and the Iridescent (Boys' Edition)

If ‘I’ Names for girls are rare, those for boys are even rarer, and they haven’t varied much in 100 years! Here are my picks for the most eminently usable (those bolded are my personal favorites) 

1913:

Irving
Ira
Irvin
Isaac
Ivan
Isadore
Irwin
Israel
Isaiah
Ignatius
Ike
Ivory
Ignacio
Ivy

2012:

Issac
Isaiah
Ian
Ivan
Iker
Israel
Ismael
Ibrahim
Isaias
Isai
Immanuel

Four names stayed on the list: Isaac, Isaiah, Ivan, and Israel.

Other ‘I’  names not on these lists:

Inigo
Ivo
Ivor
Igor
Ichabod
Icarus
Iago
Idan
Indigo
Ibsen
Ilario
Ilias
Ishmael
Imre
Increase
Indiana
Indio
Indus
Imric
Ingo
Iolo- pronounced Yo-lo (though with the latest acronym craze for YOLO, this might pose some problems
Isdro
Ives

1 comment:

  1. I know a little Israel. I've always liked Igor for some reason.

    ReplyDelete